If you are a parent or carer, we hope you will find the many web links and apps below useful.
The current events unfolding in Ukraine and the amount of media attention could increase anxiety in children and young people as they try to make sense of such scary images. Some will be able to articulate their worries, whilst others may not. Instead, you might notice changes in behaviour or mood.
Below are some useful links:
KEEPING FIT AT HOME
We all know how important it is to keep fit, especially at this difficult time when getting outside won't always be possible. Here are some websites and apps that will help you do your PE lessons at home!:
- BBC Super Movers https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers
- Change4Life Activities https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities or for indoor activities visit https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities/indoor-activities
- GoNoodle Kids Videos App - it's free to download to a smartphone and contains 300+ dance videos, yoga exercises and mindfulness activities
- Skip 2b Fit Free App - great if you have a skipping rope and some outdoor space
- For parents and carers there are also workouts that can be done at home on the NHS website - please visit https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/10-minute-workouts/ for more information!