Information for Greenwich Residents - 07.07.2021
Sent on behalf of:
- Abu Bah - Engagement Lead, Thamesmead Moorings
- Khadijah Ahmed, Engagement Lead, Plumstead and Glyndon
- Philip Connolly, Engagement Lead, Charlton
- Rahman Famuditimi – Engagement Lead, Woolwich Common
- Abu Siddiki – Engagement Lead, Woolwich Riverside
- Louise Botfield – Engagement Lead, Sutcliffe Park (Page Estate)
- Brenda Mason – Engagement Lead, Greenwich Peninsula (Caletock & Flamsteed Estates)
We hope that you’re finding these weekly updates helpful. Following feedback from Neighbourhood Engagement Leads, this update will now be once a week, and feature a mix of covid updates and positive updates from communities.
Some of the important information, around how to stay safe, where to get tested, and the support available, will now be available at all times on the Live Well website here.
We would really like to encourage you to share the following information through:
- friends or family who live in your area
- local networks
- neighbour or community groups you may be members of
- with people who you come into regular contact with through your work or local groups
If you haven’t already, it would be really helpful if you could take a couple of minutes to fill out this survey, which allows us to understand how widely this Community Update is being used, and whether it is reaching everyone it needs to. Access the short survey here.
KEY MESSAGES 06/07/2021
PAST 7 DAYS:
472 confirmed new cases of coronavirus in Greenwich
Cases have almost doubled in the past week. With the Delta variant and restrictions easing, we need to be extra careful and follow the social distancing guidelines to make sure this number doesn’t continue to increase.
Hands, Face, Space and Fresh Air Guidance
Whilst hospitalisations are not rising at the same rate as cases, it is just as important to be careful and follow the rules, such as indoor gatherings are limited to 6 people and outdoor gatherings to 30 people.
One way to protect your loved ones is to take part in twice weekly rapid lateral flow testing. Find out how to get you lateral flow tests here or on the Royal Greenwich website.
Guidance on how to stop the spread of COVID-19 is now available in 30 languages on the Public Health England website.
Community Voting Day Registration
Don’t forget to register for Community Voting Day on 17 July to vote for your local Community Champions project. If you live in either Woolwich Riverside, Caletock Estate and Flamsteed Estate or Page Estate click the links below to register. Registration closes at 11.30pm, 15 July.
- Woolwich Riverside Community Voting Day
- Caletock Estate and Flamsteed Estate Community Voting Day
- Page Estate in Eltham Community Voting Day
Please note you must be a resident living in the areas listed above to vote.
Buds of Barnfield is an open space for residents and the wider community to have a space to grow their own edible and floral plants.
Check out everything they are doing on Instagram @budsofbarnfield
The community working in partnership with the Royal Borough of Greenwich and Public Health.