Travelling to school safely
Please see below the latest Government advice on travelling to school:
- if you live a short distance from your school or college, walk, cycle or scoot to and from school wherever it is possible and safe to do so
- avoid sharing a car with anyone outside of your household or support bubble
- if you are using public transport to get to school or college, plan ahead and allow more time for your journey
- when you are travelling by public or dedicated school transport, don’t forget to:
- wear a face covering (unless you are exempt, including if you are aged 11 and under). It is important you wear them for the entirety of your journey, including inside a bus or train station
- social distance where possible
- wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- be considerate to fellow passengers and staff.
Further information can be found in our guidance on transport to school and other places of education.